I'm always a bit embarrassed when my mom emails or calls me and asks what I've done all day. My answer usually involves doing loads of laundry and dealing with Malcolm. And that's about it. So if you're in my position (practicing housewifery), here's a list of statements I've been using recently to make myself sound important:
- I've been swamped applying for grad schools. I find myself perfecting my application for hours every day! (Even though I worked on the application for mere minutes and sent it in a week ago).
- I'm totally stressed over my new blog design. I've been working through the details with a design company because one sarcastic blog isn't enough. (Somewhat true).
- I'm really into training Malcolm these days. We're working on quite a few new tricks and I think we've almost mastered "shake". (As Malc and I are glued in front of the TV watching The Hills reruns. He also refuses to shake my hand like a normal dog).
- Scotland has been such a blessing. I have so much free time that I'm brushing up on my French skills. (I have a French app on my phone that I probably look at once a month).
- I'm in the process of mastering Photoshop Elements 10. It's such a great program. (I got bored yesterday and photoshopped my little sister's face. She now looks like a character from Twilight).
- I've become quite the chef over these past few months! (As we're having either fish tacos or Greek food for the millionth time).