Hey, remember me? We have had quite the busy week preparing for an upcoming trip to the United States, scheduling emergency vet appointments, and dining with good friends.
Over the weekend, we went to one of our favorite Scottish pubs for a quick lunch before Forvie beach. Unfortunately, we had no idea that the entire beach would be covered with odd looking jellyfish.
Since we never put Malcolm on a leash when we're hiking away from cars, he had
the opportunity to lick one before we knew what was going on. We pulled him away from the jellyfish and stuck him on the leash, but his mouth was already starting to foam due to a bad allergic reaction.
The foam piling out of his mouth was bad enough, but he also started to vomit violently. Then he became tired and wouldn't get off of the ground. This is the same dog who hiked up a mountain for seven hours without even taking a five minute break! Seeing him lethargic was definitely the scariest part. We hurried back to the car with our friends to drive him to the vet and of course - we had a flat tire.
After the boys changed the tire, we drove to a vet out in the country who agreed to meet us after hours and look Malcolm over. After an anti-inflammatory injection, he was much better.
What a weekend!